The ability to influence decision-making regarding policies and practices that advance public health using scientific knowledge, analysis, communication, and consensus-building.
- Present positions on health issues, law, and policy.
- Influence health policy and program decision-making based on scientific evidence,stakeholder input, and public opinion data.
- Utilize consensus-building, negotiation, and conflict avoidance and resolution techniques.
- Analyze the impact of legislation, judicial opinions, regulations, and policies on population health.
- Establish goals, timelines, funding alternatives, and strategies for influencing policy initiatives.
- Design action plans for building public and political support for programs and policies.
- Develop evidence-based strategies for changing health law and policy.