Join us for the 2016 ASPPH Annual Meeting Sunday, March 20 – Tuesday, March 22, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA. Leaders, faculty, staff, and students from CEPH-accredited schools and programs of public health and those from our partner organizations are encouraged to attend.
The registration deadline is March 11 and the hotel reservation deadline is February 26. There is no registration fee for attendees affiliated with ASPPH-member schools and programs.
The meeting is just a few weeks away and for the next several weeks we will highlight sessions and share confirmed presenters. This week:
Skill Building Workshops – Sunday, March 20, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Aligning Department Strategic Goals and Budgets
- Developing and Communicating Advocacy Messages at the State Governmental Level
- Data-Informed Decision Making Strategies Using ASPPH Data Center Resources
- Leveraging Geospatial Tools to Support Decision-Making, Increase Awareness, and Strengthen Public Health Practice with an Introduction and Training in Google Maps
- Using the Certified in Public Health (CPH) Credential to Strengthen Academic Public Health Practice
View session descriptions and presenters.
Public Health Education in a Digital World – Monday, March 21 4:15 – 5:15 p.m.
- Raymond Lum, Associate Professor and Director of E-Learning, Drexel University Dornsife School of Public Health
- Laura Magaña Valladares, Dean of Academic Affairs, National Institute of Public Health of Mexico
- Stephanie Sutcliffe, Senior Instructional Designer, Drexel University
- Moderator: Jorg Westerman, Associate Dean, Walden University Master of Public Health Program