Each year, ASPPH recognizes individuals who exhibit excellence in public health teaching, research, practice, community service, mentorship, and student services. Since 2005, over 40 individuals have been honored through the ASPPH award programs.
Nominations are being accepted through Friday, October 12 for the following awards:
- Harrison C. Spencer Award for Outstanding Community Service
This award honors an ASPPH-member school or program with a long-standing, major institutional commitment to engage with communities to improve public health and recognizes exceptional community service initiatives that address community needs. The award was established by the ASPPH Board of Directors to recognize Dr. Harrison C. Spencer, the late President and CEO of the Association, and his lifelong commitment to community service and social justice.
- Welch-Rose Award for Distinguished Service to Academic Public Health
Awarded to an individual for extraordinary contributions to the academic public health community, the Welch-Rose Award recognizes the highest standards in academic public health and honor individuals who have made a lasting impact on academic public health.
Awardees for the following ASPPH Faculty and Staff awards receive:
- $1,000 Cash Prize
- One Complimentary Registration for ASPPH Annual Meeting (Undergraduate Public Health and Global Health Education Summit for Riegelman Awardee)
- Award Plaque and Recognition at the Awards Ceremony (Undergraduate Public Health and Global Health Education Summit for Riegelman Awardee)
- One night accommodations at the host hotel
- Up to $500 for travel expenses
- ASPPH Teaching Excellence Award
For graduate public health faculty who are noted for their excellence in teaching, research, and mentorship. It is designed to bring visibility to one outstanding faculty member and to reward him or her for leading students toward distinction in public health research, teaching, and practice.
- ASPPH Academic Public Health Practice Excellence Award
For graduate public health faculty who advance and integrate scholarly public health practices within research, teaching, and service.
- ASPPH Early Career Public Health Research Award
For an early-career investigator who is a graduate public health faculty member within 10 years of her or his formal training. The nominee should have exemplary and documented scholarly accomplishments that advance public health research and improves the health of the communities served.
- ASPPH Early Career Public Health Teaching Award
For graduate public health faculty who are in the early stages of their professional careers and are noted for their excellence in teaching, research, and mentorship.
- ASPPH Student Services Excellence Award
For faculty and staff at an ASPPH-member CEPH-accredited school or program of public health who have been innovative and forward-thinking in student services and/or who have gone above and beyond in working with applicants and students.
- Riegelman Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Public Health Education
This national award recognizes faculty who have demonstrated exemplary efforts to start or sustain a new program, have collaborated both with community partners and other disciplines, and have garnered respect and enthusiasm from students.
Complete information regarding award criteria and the nomination and selection processes can be found on the individual award pages. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org