Graduate programs often struggle with ways to involve their students and keep them engaged as they become young alumni. Join us as we discuss ways to get your students and young alumni engaged and involved in your alumni programs. We’ll learn strategies employed by Johns Hopkins University School of Public Health, and Boston University School of Public Health, as well as a perspective from a former Director of Alumni Relations of a top law school.
- Allison R. H. Wiles, MA, Assistant Director of Development, Office of External Affairs, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Morgan Martin, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Michael O’Brien, Director, Development & Alumni Relations, Boston University School of Public Health
- Maureen Devine-Ahl, Principal, MK Fundraising Solutions
- Pop-up mentoring, a new effort at Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. As the name suggests, the sessions are quick, one-off, and typically scheduled on shorter notice than a career panel or symposium. Pop-up mentoring meets two goals at once: 1) engage our alumni with our students and the work of the school and 2) provide our students with valuable career insights. Pop-up mentoring requires a minimal time commitment from our alumni but means a great deal to the students who participate.
Presenters: Morgan Martin, Associate Director of Alumni Relations, and Allison Wiles, Assistant Director of Development, Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Boston University School of Public Health connects students with alumni throughout their time at the school. Learn how to engage alumni throughout a student’s experience from being an accepted applicant to a graduate. Alumni are actively involved and integrated in the school community through event, classroom and mentor participation.
Presenter: Michael O’Brien, Director, Development & Alumni Relations
- Ever find yourself stumped when you try to brainstorm new and exciting ideas to engage your disengaged alumni and student populations? Maureen will tap into her years of experience working with young alumni and affinity groups to offer simple yet effective ideas and solutions to integrate into your annual programming. Maureen will share specific examples of programs that successfully connect alumni and student populations to jumpstart your next brainstorming session and create positive impact for your alumni population.
Presenter: Maureen Devine-Ahl, Principal, MK Fundraising Solutions