13th Annual Public Health Improvement Training (PHIT): Advancing Performance in Agencies, Systems and Communities
June 9-10, 2015 | New Orleans, Louisiana
PHIT offers hands-on training workshops and networking opportunities to take action in public health performance improvement areas such as:
• Quality improvement and facilitation
• Performance management and performance measures
• National voluntary accreditation
• Health assessment and improvement planning
• Strategic planning
PHIT offers a variety of interactive learning and skill-building sessions designed for different experience levels. PHIT also features dynamic keynote sessions, stimulating discussion groups and convenient networking activities.
PHIT is produced by the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI), in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with involvement from several distinguished national organizations.
Stay tuned for more information about the training
and the launch of registration next month!
Who Would Most Benefit from Participating?
The following audiences will receive priority registration approval:
• Representatives from state, tribal, local or territorial health departments interested in gaining and applying skills in public health improvement
• Accreditation Support Initiative Sites supported by the National Association of County and City Health Officials or the National Indian Health Board
• Current or potential accreditation, quality improvement, and community health improvement coordinators/ facilitators
• Block Grant recipients working on infrastructure objectives
• Representatives from state associations, public health institutes, public health association affiliates, or others who work with state, tribal, local or territorial health departments to improve agency and system performance
Participants from these sites will receive priority during the PHIT registration process.
What are the Benefits of Attending?
• Learn from those who have been in your shoes including practitioners, professional trainers and national partners.
• Participate in small workshops that will offer attendees a hands-on opportunity to learn and practice the skills of performance and quality improvement.
• Gain insight into the relationships between various public health improvement initiatives and tools, including accreditation, and state/community health improvement planning frameworks.
• Hear and share valuable tips at this premier networking event for performance improvement professionals and those interested in public health agency, system and community health improvement.
• Gain tools, templates, resources and peer contacts to support you to take action.
• View last year’s PHIT Workshops and detailed Agenda. A high level agenda for PHIT 2015 will be posted when registration launches.
• A post-PHIT quality improvement workshop may follow. Stay tuned for details.
What is the Cost?
• The $120 registration fee covers the cost of materials.
• Meals are not included in the cost. Participants will be responsible for purchasing their food and beverage items.
More information: http://www.nnphi.org/