In 2015, at the time of Dr. Gus Birkhead’s retirement as deputy commissioner for the NYS Department of Health Office of Public Health, the Epidemiology and Biostatistics Community of Practice (EBCoP) sponsored a ‘lifetime lessons learned’ talk featuring Dr. Birkhead. That talk, and a second talk given by Dr. Birkhead at his retirement party, were very popular prompting NYS Commission of Health, Dr. Howard Zucker, to establish an annual ‘Gus Birkhead Day’ and lecture in his honor.
As part of National Public Health Week 2016, the Birkhead lecture will be hosted by Dr. Zucker from 1-2 pm on Monday, April 4th in the Empire State Plaza Wadsworth Center’s Axelrod Auditorium.
Director, NYSDOH AIDS Institute
Director, NYSDOH Office of Planning and Community Affairs
Director, NYSDOH Perinatal HIV Prevention Program and Special Projects
The lecture can be viewed live at the UAlbany School of Public Health in Room 110A or live from your desk on April 4. To access the live lecture from your desk on April 4, follow these instructions:
Meeting Number: 644 222 573
Meeting Password: 2016birkhead
To join the online meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
1. Go to https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/j.php?MTID=ma2970bcf052b20d8b610fa00bf7972bf
2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: 2016birkhead
4. Click “Join”.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click the link:
To join the audio conference only
1. Provide your number when you join the meeting to receive a call back. Alternatively, you can call one of the following numbers:
Local: 1-518-549-0500 Toll Free: 1-844-633-8697
Alternate Toll Free – (For callers not able to call the 844 Toll Free Number): 1-866-776-3553
2. Follow the instructions that you hear on the phone.
Your Cisco Unified MeetingPlace meeting ID: 644 222 573
1. Go to https://meetny.webex.com/meetny/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click “Support”.