Dr. Joseph Telfair will serve as support to RTI by providing sickle cell disease assessment expertise to the data coordinating center and the clinical sites that will inform the design and execution of interventions to increase the utilization of treatments and therapies and, improve the quality of life and health outcomes for persons with sickle cell disease.
[Photo: Dr. Joseph Telfair]
As an essential part of the team, Dr. Telfair will provide expert advice in:
- effective strategies for engaging community stakeholders and patient advocacy groups in the research design
- effective strategies to recruit and enroll registry participants
- understanding health disparities and barriers to care
- inform patient and caregiver outcomes
- participation in SCDIC Steering Committee meetings and activities
Dr. Joseph Telfair currently serves as a professor and dual chair at the Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health Georgia Southern University and APHA president-elect.