Public health student organizations at Georgia State University planned several activities to mark National Public Health Week this year.
GlobeMed, the Public Health Club, the YOUniversity Health Association and the university’s office of Student Health Promotion have scheduled a slate of activities designed to raise awareness and promote public health.
Here’s an overview of the 2018 schedule:
- Monday, April 2 – Nutrition Day
- Participants will get information on how to make healthy nutrition choices and participate in activities and games with a nutritional twist.
- Tuesday, April 3 – Emergency Preparedness Day
- This event will help students to learn about the emergency preparedness practices to use at home and on campus, and what to do in emergency situations.
- Wednesday, April 4 – National Walking Day and Mental Health Day
- This day will be devoted to demonstrating how people can get active without necessarily going to the gym. Participants will take part in stretching and group walks around campus.
- Thursday, April 5 – Sexual Assault Awareness Day
- This event is designed to offer a better understanding of what a healthy relationship consists of, including engaging activities about healthy relationship factors.
- Friday, April 6 – Community Service Day
- Participants will get in some physical activity by helping to clean up campus and extend public health knowledge to patrons of Hurt Park in downtown Atlanta.