Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) and Portland State University (PSU) invite applications and nominations for the position of Founding Dean for the newly established OHSU-PSU School of Public Health. OHSU and PSU have been working together for more than four years to collaboratively establish a School of Public Health that builds on the 22 year success of the Oregon Master of Public Health (OMPH) program, which is the longest running collaborative accredited MPH program in the United States.
OHSU and PSU seek a strategic and inspirational leader who can take full advantage of this unique moment in the School of Public Health’s history. The successful dean will:
- Oversee the creation of a long-range strategic plan for the School which capitalizes on the success of the OMPH, the congenial environment in Oregon, and the strong support and enthusiasm from faculty, staff, students and alumni.
- Align the academic, research, practice and outreach missions of the School with those of each University; sustain a vital and defining relationship with the public health community; and increase funding and research activity.
- Play a public role with University, state and national stakeholders to further the mission of the School of Public Health, OHSU and PSU, and seek increased funding and support.
To view a full position profile, go to: http://summitsearchsolutions.com/app/uploads/2016/03/OHSU-PSU_Dean_SPH_PositionProfile.pdf
- A doctoral degree from a School of Public Health or from another school relevant to public health with clear leadership in public health;
- Qualification for appointment as a full professor;
- A distinguished academic background to include a history of achievement in scholarship, teaching and administration with an emphasis on areas pertinent to public health;
- Experience in and an appetite for fundraising; the ability to contribute to and lead development efforts and other extramural funding activities;
- Ability to build a sense of community and engage faculty, staff, students, alumni and the broader community in support of a shared strategic vision and culture;
- A strong commitment to educating an ethnically, racially, culturally, generationally and economically diverse student body, and to recruiting and supporting a diverse faculty, staff and administration;
- Collaborative leadership style together with assertiveness, flexibility, integrity, transparency and humor; and
- A demonstrated ability to build effective partnerships across professional disciplines, within and throughout the school and university, and throughout the broader community.
Inquiries and nominations can be made to Ms. Margaret Lawrence, senior consultant, Summit Search Solutions. Ms. Lawrence can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 303-862-6575.
Application URL: http://highereddecisions.com