The Public Health Reports Volume 132, Issue 1, January/February issue is now available. The official journal of the U.S. Surgeon General and U.S. Public Health Service and since 1878, PHR serves as an informative and accessible resource for practitioners, professors, scholars, and students of public health. Published in collaboration with the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health (ASPPH) and SAGE Publications, the bi-monthly, peer-reviewed journal provides important research resource for the public health community.
PHR publishes bi-monthly on major topics in public health, such as infectious diseases and immunization, tobacco control, injuries and violence, chronic disease control, public health methodology, and issues of interest to state and local health departments. The journal has departments focused on public health law and public health schools and education, and features special commentaries by the Surgeon General and executives within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Articles this issue include the following:
Surgeon General’s Perspective
- Stepping Into Healthier Communities
Revisiting the Progress of Step It Up!
- A Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Lens Toward Value-Based Preventive Care and Population Health
- In Memoriam, Harrison Spencer, MD, MPH, CPH, 1945-2016
- Multi-Angle Imager for Aerosols
A Satellite Investigation to Benefit Public Health
- Fifty Years of Global Immunization at CDC, 1966-2015
- Progress on Broadband Access to the Internet and Use of Mobile Devices in the United States
Tracking Healthy People 2020 Goals
- State Health Department Requirements for Reporting of Antibiotic-Resistant Infections by Providers, United States, 2013 and 2015
- Exploring Costing Methods for Environmental Health Services in North Carolina
- Correlates of Hepatitis C Virus Infection in the Targeted Testing Program of the New York City Jail System, Epidemiologic Patterns and Priorities for Action
- HIV-1 Infection and Transmission Networks of Younger People in Chicago, Illinois, 2005-2011
- Trends in Testing for Mycobacterium tuberculosis Complex From US Public Health Laboratories, 2009–2013
- Infectious Disease Hospitalizations Among American Indian/Alaska Native and Non–American Indian/Alaska Native Persons in Alaska, 2010-2011
- Perinatal HIV Exposure Surveillance and Reporting in the United States, 2014
Spotlight on Veterans’ Health: After the War
- The Influence of Social Support on Dyadic Functioning and Mental Health Among Military Personnel During Postdeployment Reintegration
- Parental Deployment, Adolescent Academic and Social–Behavioral Maladjustment, and Parental Psychological Well-being in Military Families
Law and the Public’s Health
- Promising Strategies to Remove Inexpensive Sweet Tobacco Products From Retail Stores
From the Schools and Programs of Public Health
- Student Practicum as a Bridge to Governmental Public Health Practice
A Survey of Schools and Programs of Public Health
- Doctor of Public Health Education and Training
Where Are We Now?
For full access to current content, visit the Public Health Reports website to subscribe.