After a successful year-end giving campaign, Safe States is excited to announce the availability of eleven complimentary student memberships. Students looking to grow professionally with the nation’s only association solely dedicated to strengthening the practice of injury and violence prevention are encouraged to apply.
To qualify for the one-year student membership, applicants must:
- Be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student with a background in public health;
- Agree to participate on at least one Safe States committee for the duration of the year; and
- Enter into the random drawing to be held on February 1.
With a Safe States membership you can:
- ACCESS the latest IVP practice NEWS and information through INsight, our monthly member e-newsletter, advocacy alerts, Twitter and LinkedIn
- NETWORK with PROFESSIONALS from across the country through annual conferences and committees
- Participate in PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT trainings, programs, and activities throughout the year at no charge to you or your organization
- Download free PUBLICATIONS describing the latest recommendations and findings in injury and violence prevention practice
- Join and grow with SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS (SIGs), COMMITTEES, and communities of practice specializing in specific injury and violence prevention topics
- Access CUSTOMIZABLE media TOOLS (e.g. fact sheets, public service announcements, press releases, etc.) which can be tailored for all target audiences
- Help develop and ADVOCATE for national, state, and local-level IVP policies and appropriations
- Participate in unique LEADERSHIP and volunteer opportunities to hone your skills and strengthen the field of IVP
- Receive MEMBER DISCOUNTS on registration for annual meetings
If you are not a student, please consider passing along this great opportunity to someone who could benefit. For questions about membership or this special promotion, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enter the Drawing