Work with individuals of other professions to maintain a climate of mutual respect and shared values.
Specific Values/Ethics Competencies:
- VE1: Place interests of patients and populations at center of interprofessional health care delivery and population health programs and policies, with the goal of promoting health and health equity across the life span.
- VE2: Respect the dignity and privacy of patients while maintaining confidentiality in the delivery of team-based care.
- VE3: Embrace the cultural diversity and individual differences that characterize patients, populations, and the health team.
- VE4: Respect the unique cultures, values, roles/responsibilities, and expertise of other health professions and the impact these factors can have on health outcomes.
- VE5: Work in cooperation with those who receive care, those who provide care, and others who contribute to or support the delivery of prevention and health services and programs.
- VE6: Develop a trusting relationship with patients, families, and other team members (CIHC, 2010).
- VE7: Demonstrate high standards of ethical conduct and quality of care in contributions to team-based care.
- VE8: Manage ethical dilemmas specific to interprofessional patient/ population centered care situations.
- VE9: Act with honesty and integrity in relationships with patients, families, communities, and other team members.
- VE10: Maintain competence in one’s own profession appropriate to scope of practice.