This past week, members of the ASPPH/This Is Public Health (TIPPH) team were in West Virginia spread the word about public health. This trip, held during National Public Health Week, was the second annual TIPH Roadshow. The team promoted education and career opportunities, as well as healthy behaviors, to PK-16 students and community members.
Stops and activities included:
The week was made possible because of the many partnerships throughout West Virginia:
– Cabell County Public Library
– Facing Hunger
– Marshall University
– Office of Stephen Williams, Mayor of Huntington
– Ohio Valley Environmental Coalition
– Underground Cinema
– West Virginia State University
– West Virginia University Extension Service
– West Virginia University School of Public Health
A special thanks goes out to Dr. Linda Alexander and Mr. Scot McIntosh, West Virginia University School of Public Health; Ms. Kristin McCartney and Ms. Emily Murphy, WVU Extension Service, for their support of this week; and Dr. Bob Weiler, George Mason University department of global and community health, for connecting us to the Mayor of Huntington.
More information and links to our partner organizations can be found here.