In the interview with University communications, he answered the following questions:
- You’ve now been involved with four pandemics. Did you ever envision the day the world would be at a near standstill, with a tumbling economy, and billions of people facing dire consequences beyond their health?
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) just reported that nearly 40 percent of COVID-19 hospitalizations are people in the 20 to 54 age range. What does that mean for our students?
- Is the scarcity of COVlD-19 tests skewing the reported number of people who have it in the U.S.?
- Will most of us get COVID-19?
- What about closing our borders?
- So, if we do what we’re supposed to and COVID-19 wanes and eventually disappears, what are the chances we will be better prepared the next time?
- How much funding do we need?
Read President Frenk’s responses.