Ten academics from the University of North Carolina Gillings School of Global Public Health were recently named Highly Cited Researchers, according to the Highly Cited Researchers 2019 list from the Web of Science Group.
This acclaimed list identifies scientists and social scientists who produced multiple papers ranking in the top 1 percent by citations for their field and year of publication, demonstrating significant research influence among their peers.
From the Gillings School, those faculty include:
- Dr. Ralph S. Baric, William R. Kenan, Jr. Distinguished Professor of epidemiology
- Dr. Noel T. Brewer, professor of health behavior
- Dr. Myron Cohen, professor of epidemiology and Yeargan-Bate Eminent Distinguished Professor of medicine, microbiology and immunology at the UNC School of Medicine (Dr. Cohen is also director of the UNC Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases and is UNC’s associate vice chancellor for global health.)
- Dr. Stephen R. Cole, professor of epidemiology
- Dr. Kelly R. Evenson, professor of epidemiology
- Dr. David M Margolis, professor of epidemiology and director of the UNC HIV Cure Center
- Dr. Hans W. Paerl, professor of marine and environmental sciences and engineering and William R. Kenan, Jr. Distinguished Professor at the Institute of Marine Sciences
- Dr. Barry M. Popkin, William R. Kenan, Jr. Distinguished Professor of nutrition
- Dr. Kurt M. Ribisl, Jo Anne Earp Distinguished Professor and Department Chair of health behavior
- Dr. Jason D. Surratt, professor and co-chair of undergraduate studies in environmental sciences and engineering
Tags: Friday Letter Submission
, Publish on December 20