Clarivate Analytics annually recognizes researchers who have multiple highly cited papers that rank in the top 1 percent of citations in their field.
Among those from the University of North Carolina Gillings School of Global Public Health recognized for 2018 are faculty members in nutrition, epidemiology, health behavior, and environmental sciences and engineering:
- Dr. Linda Adair, professor of nutrition;
- Dr. Ralph Baric, professor of epidemiology at the Gillings School and of microbiology and immunology in the UNC School of Medicine;
- Dr. Noel Brewer, professor of health behavior;
- Dr. Myron Cohen, professor of epidemiology, Yeargan-Bate Eminent Distinguished Professor of Medicine, Microbiology and Immunology in the UNC School of Medicine, director of the UNC Institute for Global Health and Infectious Diseases, and UNC-Chapel Hill associate vice chancellor for global health;
- Dr. Kelly Evenson, professor of epidemiology;
- Dr. Hans Paerl, professor of environmental sciences and engineering at the Gillings School and W.R. Kenan Jr. Distinguished Professor at the UNC Institute of Marine Sciences, in Morehead City, N.C.;
- Dr. Barry Popkin, W.R. Kenan Jr. Distinguished Professor of nutrition; and
- Dr. Jason Surratt, professor of environmental sciences and engineering.
“I am so proud of our faculty researchers,” said Dr. Barbara K. Rimer, dean and Alumni Distinguished Professor at the Gillings School. “Across fields as diverse as environmental chemistry, marine sciences, nutrition, health behavior and emerging infections, they are leading their fields and improving health and the environment.”
[Photo: Clockwise from top left are Drs. Linda Adair, Ralph Baric, Noel Brewer, Myron Cohen, Barry Popkin, Jason Surratt, Kelly Evenson and Hans Paerl.]